"Facilitating mutual enhancement among those working together for a common purpose." Arthur T. Himmelman
What is a Collaborative Leader?
- Fosters openness;
- Creates and sustains a process in which people have confidence;
- Builds trust and confidence among people;
- Acknowledges the unlimited potential of people and keeps reaching out to them;
- Builds cooperative teams;
- Allows the group to work out problems;
- Creates an environment that fosters healthy relationships;
- Values and integrates differences into every operation;
- Communicates effectively;
- Uses an ongoing process of evaluation.
We collaborate because:
- Issues cut across many perceived boundaries;
- Initiatives and problems are too complex;
- Collaborative process has become as important as subject-matter expertise;
- Varied perspectives expand understanding, give breadth and depth to analysis of issues, resulting in better decisions;
- Resources can be leveraged.
Comments on the Site:
Centerpoint for Leaders is a service mark for Centerpoint for Leaders, Inc.
Copyright ?2007 Centerpoint for Leaders