Leadership with Spirit
||As individuals increasingly tap into their natural potential for self-expression,
they simultaneously connect to an inner source of value or meaning.
To evaluate and learn ways to
improve your organization's integration of humanistic principles and
practices into day-to-day functions, take the
Spirituality in the Workplace
Here we offer perspectives and
resources you can use to deepen your understanding of spirituality and the
workplace as it relates to your organization. Topics you'll find here include:
Several Helpful Practices
- Create a personal vision of your role in accord with the
- Plan work in accordance with the vision of the organization
create specific, definable, and measurable results that would ensure that the
organizations and your personal vision are achieved.
- Support those you manage by connecting their expectations of
success to the organizations objectives as part of their performance review.
- Put the organizations success before your own personal
- Share power and credit.
- Demonstrate more confidence in others.
- Remember a persons greatest emotional need is to feel
- Treat every interaction as if it were crucial to success.
- Walk, ski, hike and focus on your surroundings and/or watch a
morning sunrise as though seeing it for the first time without thinking or judging.
- Maintain regular communication with your personal source of
guidance, wisdom, and inspiration take five to 20 minutes everyday to meditate,
pray, or reflect (e.g., seek guidance regarding a situation or opportunity that requires
Adapted from William A. Guillorys
The Living Organization
Dr. Guillory's Flash presentation, Spirituality in the Workplace, is a way of reminding everyone of the sustainable business resource called . . . people!
For more information please see